How Far along: 28 weeks, 4 days
Baby size: According to my ticker, she weighs about 2 1/2 pounds.
Total weight gain: +13 pounds (though it's anywhere between 10 and 13, depending on the day)
Maternity clothes: Yep.
Sleep: Mmmm, sleep. I miss deep, restful sleep though. Chris actually asked me last night how I can sleep with such a wiggly critter in my belly. I said "Not well." The problem is that most of my sleep seems to be in REM rather than deeper sleep. I am a tired Tena.
Best Moment this week: Getting the kids' room reorganized, and seeing James get so excited about his little sister who "is comin' soon!" according to him.
Movement: Yep :-) All.The.Time.
Gender: GIRL!
Labor signs: None, really, though BH contractions are getting more frequent. Not timeable, but at least one an hour generally. Don't worry, I am keeping track of them in case things intensify.
Belly button: The top is still working it's way out. It's *lovely*. It kind of looks like a mouse nose or something.
Cravings: Donuts and chocolate. And ice cream. And nachos. And just Mexican food in general. Oh, and steak. *drool*
What I miss: Bending over, being able to use my abs/sit up from reclining easily. Feeling like a normal person. Being able to reach things in cabinets/the sink without my belly getting in the way. Carrying James around without my belly protesting. And, as of this weekend, being able to reach the bottom of the washing machine. I guess I no longer get to transfer things to the dryer...darn.
Stretch Marks: More have joined the ranks. And my midwife confirmed that it is, in fact, PUPPS. Not much to be done about it, I just can't use anything scented *at all* on my belly or it make it worse, including soap. I can use hydrocortisone cream and take benadryl if I can't sleep from the itchies. The benadryl helped a bit, it seemed a little better the next morning. I've gotten some recommendations from a friend though that I'm going to try. This rash is not pretty, and it's spreading. Gah.
What is different this time around: Pretty much everything still, including weight gain, cravings, and the scariness of my naked belly. The way this child wiggles instead of punching and kicking; she's got a very different personality than her brother.
What I am looking forward to this week: Chris's birthday is today, so I'm making cheesecake this week. MMMmmm. Also, 29 weeks on Thursday. *Gulp*
I also get to go for appointments every 2 weeks now, and I have an ultrasound scheduled for 32 weeks to followup on my low-lying placenta. I wonder if some women just have them more than others? I had it with James too. I'm not even a little worried about it, since they move up, and I get to see my girl on a fancy schmancy ultrasound at the consulting OBs office instead of a cheapo Kaiser one. *happy dance*





No comments:
Post a Comment